There is a quote by Philip Kotler that says, “The best advertising is done by satisfied customers.” We think it is safe to say that anyone who works in the customer service industry would agree. If your customers are not satisfied, you may need to make some vital improvements to the way you do business. Loyal, satisfied customers are such an important part of any business, so we wanted to offer some ways for you to show your appreciation towards your most loyal customers.
Whether your business is based online, has one storefront or many storefronts, there are small gestures that you can make to show customers that their business is appreciated even on a small budget! Here are some of our favorite ways to say thanks to your customers with items that are all under $5.00 each.
- Give swag to new customers—show new customers that you appreciate their business right from the get go! Useful items like can coolers, t-shirts, travel mugs are all inexpensive ways to welcome new customers to your business and make a memorable first impression that will leave them wanting to come back for more! Picking a gift that has a practical use is the perfect way to keep new customers thinking about you while also spreading brand awareness with every use.
- A handwritten note—give a handwritten thank you note to loyal customers every year or on a special customer appreciation day and accompany it will a small gift such as a coffee mug, key chain or a useful personal item such as lip balm or hand sanitizer. Pick your gift so that it makes sense or relates to your business. Thank you means a lot to your customers, this is a great way to show your appreciation.
- Send a Birthday treat—everyone loves to be remembered on their Birthdays! Send customers an email or card on their Birthday’s and encourage them to come into your store to pick up a special birthday treat. Not only does this give your loyal customers a reason to come into your store and potentially make a purchase, it also gives you an opportunity to wow them with a gift. Customers will remember this gesture when they think of you and they may even look forward to it every year! These gourmet cookies or this tin of candy make great birthday treats, both options are well under $5.00 each.
- Host a special after hours or VIP event for your top customers – give out custom tote bags as a gift with purchase. A special event will make your customers feel important and putting their purchase in a special reusable bag may encourage them to buy more. Not only that but tote bags are one of the best ways to gain new impressions for your brand, so this inexpensive giveaway can end up having huge ROI!
- Offer a reward to loyal online followers—social media is a great place to engage with customers who love your business. Keep your online fans excited about your business online by offering small rewards and incentives for sharing posts, engaging with your page or participating in random giveaways. Stickers, buttons, and magnets can all be given away in large quantities without costing you a lot of money. Fans will be excited about any sort of freebie they can get from a company they love!
- Reward customers who make you better—in today’s world, reviews, referral, and recommendations are a big part of the serving customers. With sites like Yelp and Google Reviews, a customer’s experience at your store can really make or break the success of your business. There are also a lot of ways for customer’s to make recommendations on how your business can be better and opportunities for customers to refer friends to you. Take advantage of forms of customer interaction with small gifts of gratitude. Send a gift to the customer who wrote a bad review and apologize for their bad experience. This could be an opportunity for you to win this customer back. Look at our giveaways collection for unique and fun gifts like fun flyers, cool clips, and tote bags.
Showing your customers appreciation and saying thank you does not need to be elaborate! You don’t need to give away vacations or $1,000 shopping sprees in order to make your customers feel appreciated. Sometimes all it takes is the gesture itself.
Check out our 99 cent store to find a wide variety of custom gifts and giveaways all for less than one dollar. You can also sort by price on our website to find more great deals by category. If you are having trouble finding the right customer appreciation gift for your budget, reach out to one of our knowledgeable promotional products experts, they always have the perfect solution.