Summer is an exciting time of year! There is so much to do outdoors and in nature– from awareness walks to company outings. Sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in all the fun and forget about basic safety essentials.
Whether you plan on biking, swimming, barbecuing or just relaxing outdoors this summer, there are dangers that can occur from being in the sun, extreme heat, and from being more active outside. Here are a few safety tips to follow this summer and some products that can protect you in unexpected or potentially dangerous situations.
Summer Safety Tips:
- Always remember sun protection! Wearing a sunscreen that protects your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays is a must for summer fun. Sunglasses are also highly recommended for protecting your eyes in the sunlight. You can still get sun burnt on days that are cloudy or not very hot. You should keep proper sun protection with you at all times to avoid painful sunburns. Handing out promotional sunscreen and custom sunglasses at your summer event will keep attendees protected and having a blast!
- Don’t forget to hydrate. When you are spending prolonged amounts in the heat, it is crucial that you drink plenty of water. Dehydration is very serious and can happen easily during a day in the sun. Make sure there is enough water for everyone attending your summer event. Try handing out reusable water bottles to encourage people to keep drinking throughout the day.
- Your pets get hot too. Pets can suffer from dehydration just like humans can. If you plan on allowing pets at your summer events, or you plan on taking your own pets on summer excursions; remember that they need water too! Consider investing in a portable water dish for your pet so that they can hydrate with you.
- If you are planning on being outside for a prolonged period of time, try to take some time out in the shade. Try to avoid direct sunlight and stay in the shade during times of the day when the UV index is the highest. If there is no shade where your event is taking place, try handing out imprinted umbrellas for people to use as they wish. If you feel like you are overheating, cool off by putting a cold towel behind your neck or over your wrists.
- Use appropriate safety items such as lights and reflectors when you are running, walking or biking outside. If you are participating in outdoor activities in the dark or at dusk, you may be hard to spot for drivers on the road. Promotional safety lights and reflectors make great summer giveaways because there are a higher number of people using the roads for recreational purposes.
- First aid kits make great giveaways! Although outdoor events can be great fun, there is always a risk of injury, especially when you are active. Having a first aid kit with band aids and antiseptic is a great way to treat minor injuries and still enjoy the day. First aid items are likely to be kept because they are useful and can easily be carried in a purse, cooler bag or backpack until they are needed.
Are you planning a summer promotion or event? Consider these safety tips and safety giveaways to help make your summer promotion safe and fun!
You May Also Like: