At Crestline, we believe that promotional products if used intelligently, can be effective for nearly any business. Your online business included. Just because your business model of choice lacks a physical storefront location does not mean that you cannot take advantage of the great benefits of promotional items. Whether you offer products or services for purchase, promotional products can be used to drive more traffic to your website, raise awareness of your brand and increase conversions.
How can you use promotional products successfully to drive traffic to your eCommerce site? The great part about imprinted promotional products is that there are unlimited ways to use them. With a little bit of creativity and careful planning, you can implement a great campaign by putting your web address on branded products.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Give away a branded gift when a customer purchases for the first time. If you sell a product you can ship it with the product that was purchased. If you offer a sell a service, you can send it in the form of a welcome package. This is a great way to take your customers by surprise, share a little more about yourself and open up the field for more brand impressions. The gift could be as simple as packaging the purchased product in a reusable tote bag or sending a customized pen in a welcome package.
2. Use a promotional freebie to entice your customers to buy more. Many companies offer free shipping of a percentage off of an order if customers spend a given amount. Giving out a special gift to those who spend money is a great way to stand out from everyone else that is only offering free shipping. It will encourage people to spend more, and the customer will feel like they’re getting a bonus product when they receive your freebie. When doing this, it is important that the customer feels like your gift is worth spending more money. A pen is probably not the best freebie for this kind of promotion. Picking a gift that is still affordable but has a higher perceived value is a great way to really make this approach impactful. Apparel items, custom bags, and tech accessories are great items for this!
3. Reward customers for social referrals. Is there anything better than word of mouth advertising? We don’t think so! Whenever you use promotional products you are likely to spark some word of mouth conversations, but rewarding customers for referrals is another way to get even more traffic from word of mouth recommendations. There are many online programs and methods you can use to keep track of customer referrals. Reward those customers who refer friends and family who become new customers. It’s a great way to keep customers loyal and it spread awareness about your company. Quality referrals are definitely worth the investment. Choose something fun for your referral reward to make it worth the effort of the referral. Try promotional earbuds, a tumbler or a t-shirt!
4. Host a contest on social media. Social media contests are a great way to spread brand awareness, get your customers actively engaging with your brand and to have fun! Keeping your social media pages interesting is always important for any business and branded giveaways can help you connect even more with your engaged followers. There is also a lot of room for creativity and to be versatile with social media contests and giveaways. You could do a different giveaway every week or do larger giveaways every few months.
5. Attend events. Even if you distribute your product or services nationally, you can still attend events that are local to you and share you brand. You may also consider attending larger events throughout the country that relate to what you do. Every industry has special events, conferences and shows. Pick a few events to attend ahead of time and plan them into your annual budget. Show up with great giveaways that event attendees are sure to remember.
Promotional products can be a fun and effective way to spread awareness for your online business whether you are just getting started or you’re looking to expand your business further. Do you have a business that operates online? If so, have you ever explored marketing with promotional products?