Last week, Pantone announced their 2015 color of the year—Marsala. For those of you who do not know, Pantone is a color matching system that is used most frequently in printing. You may remember us talking out PMS (Pantone Matching System) colors recently in our “Promospeak” Glossary. We use this system so that we can accurately match the color you want your imprint to show in.
The color of the year is named after the deep red wine, Marsala. It is an earthy color with dark red hues and hints of brown. This rich color has the ability to make a statement and presents a warm feel.
Here is what members of our Marketing say about the color:
I like the color choice. For the first time in many years Pantone has picked a classic, rich shade! I think it is versatile and will pair well with other colors. The tone can appeal to both men and women and will translate easily to fashion, make up, home products and interior colors for home and business.
The Pantone color of the year sets the tone for upcoming trends. By following these color trends when selecting promotional products you are selecting products that will be new and fresh to your audience. They may be more attractive to customers because it will be what is trending in retail, fashion, and in some publications.
I think this color will look great on many products! Marsala polos and sport shirts. Marsala colored journal with a gold or silver foil imprint would look great! Pair it with a Marsala colored pen!” –Lynne D., Project Manager
“I don’t see if being very popular. If it were in products I see it being used in leather items, like padfolios, key tags, leather or faux leather totes.” -Kimberly B., Vendor Relations Manager
Although opinions on the colors long term popularity may vary, there is no denying that the products below look brilliant in Marsala!
- Cool Clip– this best-selling item is convenient for home or office. It is great for high traffic areas such as refrigerators and filing cabinets making it a great item for high traffic areas.
- Zipping Cotton Tote– This tote bag offers a stylish retail like look. The colored stripe on the bottom is a fun way to incorporate a trendy color in with your businesses imprint! If your logo or corporate colors are earthy shades of greens, blues, or neutrals, this bag may be worth a try!
- Table Throw– Table throws are a trade show must have! Attract attendees to your booth with this appealing shade. This color will make lighter logos pop and will add a stylish touch to your booth.
- Beautiful Blossom Kit-This DIY kit will bring life to any office space or home. Your imprint will look great on the terracotta colored pot, and the earthy tones in this plant will remind you of Marsala!
- Seminar Padholder-This padfolio is packed with convenient storage features including pen and business card holders, a storage pocket for loose papers and a notepad holder. This item is perfect for displaying your logo in a professional manner at conventions, meetings, and conferences.
What do you think about Marsala? Will you be embracing this color in 2015??