Have you ever received a promotional tote bag? Chances are most of us have. Promotional totes and reusable grocery tote bags are rising in popularity and for good reasons! In the United States, 34% of consumers own a promotional tote bag and they can gain over 5,700 impressions for your brand. Not only are reusable bags and totes good for your brand, they are also good for the environment. Today, many cities across the country are banning single-use plastic bags in order to reduce environmental pollution. Many retail locations and supermarkets will no longer be able to hand out the free plastic bags that shoppers rely on to carry their items home.
How can your business take advantage of bag bans?
By putting your logo on reusable grocery tote bags.
Customized reusable grocery tote bags can replace non-biodegradable plastic bags. You can sell them to customers or hand them out free to shoppers who are in need of a bag. Not only is this a great solution for consumers, it is also a way to raise awareness for your brand and help to reduce environmental waste. Promotional bags are not only useful for retailers, they are also great items to hand out at trade shows and conventions or for nonprofits, charity groups and schools to sell. There are many places and ways to distribute these bags; free or at a low cost.
It is very likely that states and cities will soon follow suit with this trend. Are you thinking about putting your logo on a bag?
Benefits of Promotional Bags & Customized Reusable Grocery Bags:
1. Imprint area- reusable bags have a large imprint area available so there is ample room to include everything you want to share. A large imprint area also opens up the floor to allow for more creativity in your imprint design. An eye-catching design is great for more getting the most impressions! Your design is one of the reasons why potential customers do or do not keep your bag–an awesome design will make them want to keep it!
2. Repeat use = repeat exposure! Customized bags are a great reusable product that are going to give you lots of valuable brand impressions. I received a promotional bag from Bloomingdales over two years ago. It is a great size and is durable so I use it all the time. It’s a perfect bag for the farmers market, to pack my camping supplies and to carry snacks or beverages to get-togethers. Like me, many consumers will hold on to a great reusable bag for as long as they can. Which means unlike traditional forms of advertising that runs out, your advertisement will only end when the customer stops using your bag.
3. Available in prices that fit any budget. Whether you are looking for a lower cost tote for a giveaway or a high-end tote for a corporate gift or a retail item, there is something for you. You name a price and a Crestline promotional product expert will find a perfect tote for you.
Factors to consider when investing in a promotional tote bag:
1. The color of the bag and the desired imprint color. You will want to make sure that the message on your bag can be easily read. It is important to make sure you pick contrasting colors for your bag and for your design so you can be sure viewers understand your message. If you are unsure about choosing a strong imprint color, ask one of our specialists; they are here to help you find the best colors to represent your brand and your message.
2. The durability and material of the bag. What do you want your customers to use this bag for and how do you plan to distribute it? If you are planning to sell it as a retail item, or you want the receiver to use it as something that goes beyond your typical grocery tote bag, you will want to invest in a higher quality bag. If you are looking for something to use as a gift bag or giveaway, you can choose a lighter bag. If you want the receiver to use your bag for fresh food and other groceries, you must make sure that the bag will be machine washable. When cloth bags are used for groceries, they run the risk of growing germs and bacteria. Washing regularly can help the user avoid this.
3. Make sure your bag is not going to be overlooked. If you choose to use a custom tote bag or a reusable grocery tote, make sure there is something that makes your bag more desirable than somebody else’s. Whether it is your imprint, the quality, or the goodies that come inside of it!